Couple of questions

okay I hadnt used unreal technology for a few years, but recently I bought ut3 and have been fiddling about. I've taken to the mapping tools easily and want to try advanced stuff.

I have had a quick look for the answers to my questions but I just want to get an idea if its worth starting the project I have in mind, so forgive me if the answers are already here or elsewhere and easily obtainable.

On with the questions:

Is it possible to make a one sided collision volume, so you can jump through a platform from below and land on top of it, the way 2d platformers do?

I want to make a vehicle that rides on water, whats the best way of doing this? Ideally the water will have a dynamic swelling surface, like the sea, is this possible?

Just a rough answer will do, but feel free to go into detail also. Cheers.

Well honestly I don't have a clue on the first.

As for the second: A cheap way to accomplish this would be create a collision volume that will react with this vehicle. If you put a water volume over this (waves and everything) you would have a fairly stable ride (or make the collision surface a mover) but the water would be moving around your vehicle and waves would break around it.

Hope that makes sense

for the first one try this. create a blocking volume that engulfs the platform. then create a thin trigger volume below the platform

then say on collision with the trigger volume -> turn(toggle) off the blocking volume -> delay for like 3seconds -> turn(toggle) on blockin volume

check to see if theres a collision node in kismet as well by the way as well

Try making a one sided mesh (flat plane) with no collision box, with collide per poly turned on... should only dee objects from normal side and let objects pass in the other direction... maybe

thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll give them a try.