Newbie Learning - UT2004 or UT3 easier to learn?

I'm looking to get into some map making and maybe even some of my own games with the Unreal Engine. I have both UT3 and UT2004, and some very basic knowledge of UT2004 level making, matinees and emitters. I was wondering what would be easier to learn UT3 or UT2004. I do already have some familiarity with UT2004 but from what I've seen of UT3 I think I can pick up the differences easily enough. Though which has the most tutorials would also be a factor, are there tutorials for UT3 teaching you everything the UT2003 ones do? And for that matter are the UT2003 tutorials applicable to the UT2004 editor? As I understand UT2004 actually uses Unreal 2.5, are there any differences I would have to know about?

Thanks

learning ut04 is pretty useless now (in my opinion) and ut3 even though more complicated is pretty easy to learn especially with the buzz videos.

after re reading ur post though are u confusing ut03, ut04, and ut3 (all different versions)?
    check out my new start up!
    www.wolvesvslions.com

Well I own UT04 and UT3, the 2 recent ones. Though the videos here are labelled as '2k3' so I assume they are using the UT03 game, which uses a slightly different engine to UT04. I was just wondering if that mattered when using the editor.

o i think most ut03 videos work well with ut04 (but maybe not all) but they have ut3 videos here as well and because that is relevant in the industry and gives u more options I would choose to use that editor. I also think if u dont have the collectors edition of ut3 the videos are up online in multiple places.

why use old tech when u have new
    www.wolvesvslions.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_Kirin View Post
    why use old tech when u have new
    That's exactly what I was going to say.

706: If you need some help in finding learning material other than the Buzz videos, here is a good site that outlines all that is within the UnrealEditor.

http://www.icecreamyou.com/ut3

www.wolvesvslions.com

Thanks for all the help, that static mesh catalog will probably come in handy. I once tried to do some work in UT but found the idea of having to make all my own static meshes a little intimidating.
    If I need help with how to actually create a certain concept in the UT engine can I ask on these forums? I have an idea for a game, though I'm not sure how I could actually go about creating it.

Quote Originally Posted by 706 View Post
    If I need help with how to actually create a certain concept in the UT engine can I ask on these forums?
    Absolutely, any of us would be happy to answer any questions you might ask. Good luck with your UT experience.

Incase you bought the standard version of UT3 and did not get the 2nd video tutorials dvd then Epic has made it freely available to all.

here is the link to download it:- UT3 Video Tutorials Link
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page