Identifying decal hits

Anyone know a good and accurate way of telling exactly which meshes are being hit by a decal? Each decal on a mesh forces another redraw, and I'm trying to optimize a scene by controlling which objects are being hit by decals to lessen their cost.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any mode that shows which decals are affecting an object. However, if you don't want decals on a mesh, you can go into the mesh properties under StaticMeshComponent->Rendering and uncheck bAcceptStaticDecals.

I'm aware of the bAcceptDecals flag, as it is what I am using to optimize the decals in my scene. It's just a pain to scrub through all the objects in a scene regardless of their proximity to a decal.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a visual thing. I'd settle for a text output, similar to that of the "find references" command.

There isn't any list command for that. You can go into the primitive stats browser and sort by sections. The decals will probably pop up near the top of the list. This tells you how many objects each one is affecting but not the names of those objects. Other than that, I usually just check from the bounding box of the decal actor and manually turn off decals on meshes near it to be sure.

Hmm. It would help me to at least know how many objects are getting affected by the decal. Unfortunately my primitive stats tab is only showing static mesh actors, not decal actors.