Thread: Sidescroller

Sidescroller

Hi guys, new here and I have a kind of stupid question. Is anyone willing to share their subscribed account for a few weeks? I have no access to paypal/creditcard and my parents feel it's a waste... and if not, when is the dvd coming out? =[

There's plenty of free content available that should keep you going until you can save up $35... or ask for a MS for christmas...
    Last edited by fatgav; 12-01-2010 at 10:51 PM.

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

I have to second fatgav here.

There are a bunch of free vids that can get you in a good position for the sidescroller until you can save up the cash for an MS. <3

welcome to the forums

Have a look at the free content on the site and see how far you can get, if you have any questions be sure to come back here and ask away there are plenty of members here willing to help you in your endeavours.

Hi Antiroxas!

I'm very pleased to hear your interesting in the SideScroller project! I'm assuming your talking about XNA?
    The XNA SideScrooling Beat'Em Up it was released with the intention of being MemberSponsor only, so a purely digital release. The content assumes you have the knowledge already attained from XNA Volumes 1-3, and are confortable with keeping track of many classes. If this would be a first introduction to XNA then this is definately not the series to start on.

Why don't you tell me a little about your previous Dev exp. and we'll see what's possible (no guys, I'm not talking of giving him my login)
    Have you played with C# before? What kind of projects have you worked on?

-Richard

Well, I haven't gotten much experience. I took ap java and i'm taking game programming right now for my last year in hs, but it's not working out too well. He's using the textbook Learning XNA 3.0 as a reference, the one with the fish/bass cover and honestly, we aren't learning much, it's mostly copy pasting... The XNA volumes 1-3, how helpful are they for making a simple beat em up, nothing amazing like the one posted, just a much simpler version of scott pilgrim, MUCH simpler. Like this fella, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze5ozOsD6kA , it looks awesome >=o, except he doesn't have the per pixel collision, though i can't say anything, i don't even know how to, something to do with colors intersecting....
    So yeah, I'm guessing I should be watching the xna volumes... is it worth the 100 bucks, my parents don't exactly support what i'm doing xD

Just taking a class in high school, so not much. We're learning through Learning XNA 3.0, the one with the fish cover. Well I wouldnt say learning, mostly copy, pasting. Just AP java and about 3 months of "game programming" classes. I've looked around and there aren't much free videos, just the Hyperion one.
    Btw, awesome community. o.O
    Last edited by antiroxas; 12-02-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    ,___,
    [o.O] - Moo, I'm a cat.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    [¬.¬] - Dude, you're an owl.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    [O.O] - My mother has lied to me!
    /)__)
    -"--"-

Xna 1-2 teaches the basics of C# and its I believe 100+ hours. xna 3 shows you the engines to a few types of games, but they are not full games just engines. expect spacefighter its almost a complete game. You might have enought knowledge to the first 2 videos to create a side-scroller that you want but you might want to check out the side-scroller video that is on this website.
    xbox Live: Palador