Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hint: When building your min max tree, keep in mind that Tic Tac Toe has a lot of symmetric moves. You just need to rotate the board.

For example a first move with X in top left corner is the same as top right corner, bottom right corner and bottom left. Just rotated. That way you can make your algorithm much more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by wanalearn View Post
    Yeah, I kinda thought I'd strike out. I had to ask because I've always been interested in AI. 3dbuzz seemed most probable place to tackle it than anywhere else that I'm aware of. I realized that I can learn a lot from just watching someone solve a problem.

How about something like a 9x9 Go game? (the real one uses 19x19 board). I don't want to give up so easily...

Anyway, please keep up with your great software engineering series. It made me realize that I should learn all the basic algorithms first.

Thanks.
    Well, there are actually tutorials on AI Programming in C#/XNA, but not in C++ yet, that I know of. Even if there are AI lessons in C++, it was probably done by Joel Van Eenwyk from years' past. I'm not certain, tho, I'll have to check through the list of the original C++ VTMs to find out.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

there was an ai vtm series for xna implementing an a*-search.

unfortunately, a* is almost completely useless for game playing (and imho really not that useful in general ).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12