Thread: Membership

Membership

Is it worth it?? I'm particularly looking at the side scroller video series. How many hours is it?? Is it possible to go through them all within a month? And I'm guessing the videos aren't downloadable?
    ,___,
    [o.O] - Moo, I'm a cat.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    [¬.¬] - Dude, you're an owl.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    [O.O] - My mother has lied to me!
    /)__)
    -"--"-

its always worth it even for a month if you think time will be tight make sure to take lots of notes on everything you watch and nope Member Sponsor is only streaming.
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

As I remember, Jacquesy rips through those VTMs at a fair old pace... But yes; particularly with the holidays coming, there's an enormous amount of good stuff here if you've got the time - like elev said, make sure you're absorbing it, though - it's easy to get into a zone where you're just copying what the video says and thinking it's going in, without really deeply understanding why...

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

I would definitely say it is worth it. You can't find better training and the price is ridiculously cheap for all the content you have access to.

-Dane

Ok, thanks. I need to grab an amazon gift card, anyone know the full length of the side scroller series? 100+ hours or more? o.O
    ,___,
    [o.O] - Moo, I'm a cat.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    /)__)
    -"--"-

100+ ? No. About 35 - 40 hours. Keep in mind you'll get access to every other XNA series as a member sponsor as well so let's just put it this way. No way you will be able to plow through everything XNA related in a month, especially since the XNA Xtreme classes are well into the 100 hour mark alone.

Yes, the compelling tutorials for programming, web, graphics, and game development have led me to become an annual-term member sponsor here, so I can take my time, and learn everything there is to know to develop like the pros. Even tho they show how to program in older, Express versions of Visual Studio, I have no troubles bringing those fundamentals to Visual Studio 2010 Professional, even tho Pro Version isn't exactly XNA compliant, there is still a lot to learn nonetheless.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

I see. Thanks for the info.
    ,___,
    [o.O] - Moo, I'm a cat.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    /)__)