Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Creating game through video tutorial

Has anyone created a similar game using the side scroller tutorial? If so, can I have the link for it, if it's on the game catalog.
    ,___,
    [o.O] - Moo, I'm a cat.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    [¬.¬] - Dude, you're an owl.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    [O.O] - My mother has lied to me!
    /)__)
    -"--"-

I created a video tutorial showing how to make a top scrolling racing game. I posted the video here: http://www.marek-knows.com/downloadS...L&pg=1#OpenGL4
    C++, 3D OpenGL and Game Programming video tutorials:
    www.MarekKnows.com
    Play my free games: Ghost Toast, Zing, Jewel Thief

well, i was asking for a completed game, a side scroller game, made using the 3dbuzz tutorial sidescroller guide, so I could see what kind of game could be made using it
    ,___,
    [o.O] - Moo, I'm a cat.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    /)__)
    -"--"-

you wouldn't get much off of it without really understanding the build up to it. Just looking at some finished code will not help you unless you already have a very good understanding of C# to start with
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

I went through the series as an exercise but beat-em-ups aren't really my thing, so it never went further than that. But really, any game that utilises 2.5-style movement could be based upon what Jacquesy shows in these vids.

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

wait wait, i never meant the code. I meant the game. A buyable game in the game catalog using xna and beat em up video series.
    ,___,
    [o.O] - Moo, I'm a cat.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    /)__)
    -"--"-

Quote Originally Posted by antiroxas View Post
    wait wait, i never meant the code. I meant the game. A buyable game in the game catalog using xna and beat em up video series.
    Don't panic! That was clear enough... At least, I understood you...

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

lol glad to know xD... so, anyone create one yet? or will in the near future?? because i doubt you can create something like castle crashers with it, but i wanna see an example.
    ,___,
    [o.O] - Moo, I'm a cat.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    /)__)
    -"--"-

Quote Originally Posted by antiroxas View Post
    well, i was asking for a completed game, a side scroller game, made using the 3dbuzz tutorial sidescroller guide, so I could see what kind of game could be made using it
    ...You can make a side scrolling beat em up with the videos. A basic version that with a lot of hard work and effort could turn into Castle Crashers.

What exactly are you asking for/ looking for? It seems to me like you are asking if you buy the side scroller vids if you can make a retail quality game. The answer is no, not initially. Do not get the side scroller videos with out a decent understanding of XNA. Get XNA vol 1 + 2.

-Dak

Wow guys... His question is not that hard to understand... He wants to see a video/or link of someone's game which was made from the Tutorial Series... I can see his reasoning behind this since he has no idea how well the end results perform since he is not capable of playing it.

As for your question, I don't know of anyone personally who has any products made from this tutorial series but I am sure there are some out there. The problem is I doubt you will make a full game with just this series since it is meant to be a foundation to build on. It teaches you all the principles and how to do certain things but I would advise you to take it further to make it more unique to your idea. That being said, you will have a playable product when finished and if your happy with having just that then I guess you could always submit it .

-Dane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast