Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ai

Quote Originally Posted by antiroxas View Post
    yeah its that enum state thing i'm trying to figure out, but i have no clue how to. my teacher's using learning xna 3.0 by reed as a reference and the book doesn't mention states, only gamestates, which i already incorporated, but sprite states with animations, i am clueless! anyone know of a book that teaches sprite enum states before i try membership here.
    If you understand inheritance I would go with the Behavior design over using an enum for state. While the enum way seems easier the Behavior design is much more robust and powerful. If you get a membership on here there are some great videos on how to accomplish this.

Ok, so if i pop in a enum state with the desired names for the states and use a switch loop to make it do the basic things unto any sprite class, more specifically learning xna 3.0's reed's sprite class and somehow learn how to code sprite animation and put the code unto each case, it should make the sprite animate differently for each key press i specify the cases too?
    ,___,
    [o.O] - Moo, I'm a cat.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    [¬.¬] - Dude, you're an owl.
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ,___,
    [O.O] - My mother has lied to me!
    /)__)
    -"--"-