Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Halloween Sale, MMO Radio Show / Playtest, Member Uploads!

Hey everyone! This is a repost of the newsletter, hopefully it will answer some of the questions out there! ~ Steve

Halloween Sale, MMO Radio Show / Playtest, Member Uploads!

Happy Halloween! We have a few exciting things to cover so let’s get to it!

50% Sale!

Everything in the store on sale until October 31st! All treats, no tricks!

MMO Radio Show / Playtest

The radio show will be Friday the 23rd at 7pm CST! We’ll be taking a look at what we’ve been up to lately, and you’ll have the chance to ask questions about what you’re seeing, and potentially influence development! We can’t wait to share it, and hear your ideas as we push forward!

A link will drop the day of the show about an hour before we start. We’ll be using GoToMeeting so everyone can login and see the show! However, by “everyone” I mean the first 100 participants! If you can’t make it, Steve will be screencapping the event for everyone to catch later. We will have chat open in IRC during the show as well, so you can always check in there too!

Pricing Structure Reminder!

Don’t forget, we’ve made big changes to the pricing structure that can save you some big bucks! Not to mention any yearly Members can get access to offline MMO content from Chapter 10 forward! Just ask css_maya, he was in an area that created issues with downloading, it may not have been pretty but we found a way to get it done for him. And we will for you too!

Member Uploads!

On several occasions we’ve had Members ask about uploading tutorials to the site of their own creation. We have always thought that was a fantastic idea, but our system had some limitations that made doing it a little difficult. Well, it still does… But, we’ve worked out a way to get it done.

Here’s the process and requirements:

You must email Steve at steven@3dbuzz.com to request having FTP set up, and a folder for your uploads on our system. In lieu of that, you must have it on your Dropbox and send Steve access to that folder.

Any screen capture software is fine so long as quality is adequate. Also, uploads must be mp4’s. If it’s something like general art skills, feel free to just record a movie with your camera. Whatever gets you there! We’re sorry, at this time we cannot provide screen capture software.

For programming we recommend at least 1080p, for art at least 720p.

Once you upload a video/s, email Steve again with video name and a description of the video content so he can load it onto the site in an appropriate area. If you want your real name used in credit, be sure to provide it! Also suggest videos you would like to be free, or only for Member Sponsors. (we will ultimately decide along with you)

When Steve loads content to the appropriate place, he’ll edit/copy your description of the content as well as the name of the video. On our site, the video will show up by content name with the phrase “Member submission by” and either your name or screen name.

We think this is a great way for members to share what they’ve learned with others, as well as helping newer people get answers they’re looking for. It’s also an excellent way to hone your presentation skills and review what you’ve learned. Nothing drives it home like having to teach it!

As people get videos up and going, we’ll be watching… Looking for videos that are most viewed, have content we’re specifically hoping for, and/or are of high audiovisual quality.

When we find them, it’s prize time! We’re reserving the right to decide exactly what the prizes are (okay, we have no idea what they are right now) but are likely to include free Memberships for set amounts of time, as well as the possibility of some awesome hardware prizes! For people that do particularly proud work, we can provide access to prospective employers and LOR’s. Steve, at least, has written a lot of them.

Okay, most viewed, check. Quality, check. Content… wait, what?

ANY content is eligible, (no swearing or nudity. Jus’ sayin’) but there is content we at 3D Buzz are particularly interested in.

Web and Game Dev topics are always awesome, particularly subjects not currently on site. Python anyone? C++? UE4? You get the idea.

Intermediate to advanced 3D is also being watched for. In particular Maya, Max, Modo, Cinema 4D, Zbrush. Game, animation, or film focused are all great!

So there you have it! We can’t wait to see you Friday!
    Last edited by sjc2112; 10-20-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Good stuff, sir. Maybe I'll see if I can swing an earlier shift at work to make the show.

The member submitted tutorials is a great idea. I might be up for this at some point. I'm no master, but I feel that I have some knowledge to share in the 3D area. I'm an insurance agent by trade, who has spent years studying the arts... I have a serious need to not let this knowledge go to waste! haha

That's great! Everyone please feel free to ask any questions regarding recording as well, we want to help!

How long will the radio show be? 7pm CST is Midnight GMT, if it's an hour or so I should be able to catch the whole thing.
    - Knotty Boy

One never knows... Last time ran out over 2 hours? I think. But hey, stop in and catch what you can!

Any news on Blender videos? You had mentioned a week or two ago that you were going to do another drop of a video or two.

Yes! Those drops will begin in earnest on Monday.

Is the meeting number available yet for GoToMeeting

Haha! Nope. Be about an hour ahead of class. I'll open it up about 15 minutes ahead of the start time.

guys i have another suggestion, not sure how can you guys implement it for website or is it possible at all or not, the idea is to make some section for students to sit and make a project with each other, being it a game or an animation or what ever, the point is that we all know stuff but we are not good at everything as a person, we can gather in some sort of project management section and help each other to make something, being it for learning, portfoilo or resume in future, or just so that other people in that project can use the generated stuff to follow other tutorials on the site, for example, i am a terrible modeller and character animator but decent at character rigging, and good at unity, my bottle neck in working with unity was and will always be model assets, or for 2D games, the art stuff.
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast