Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why the hell is Zak and others from years past moderating this forum?

Seriously, is the community dead? I don't know about the rest of your but I am strongly in the 3D Word and virtual reality. Anyone else out there in similar circumstance? That's to 3D Buzz I'm a director of Virtual Reality Center in New Jersey. What's your story?
    If you don't understand something, don't give in and throw the book aside. Stopping only gives one answer: that you will never understand it. Look it up on the internet, buy books, ask a friend. Somewhere, someone has had to learn the same material. If they could do it, why not you?

Unfortunately the 3D Buzz community is pretty much dead. I wish it wasn't so. But is Zak still moderating the forums? If so that's cool I loved Zak, miss his videos. Jason and Zak were the greatest teachers ever in my opinion, great duo, haven't found anyone else like them ever since.
    Last edited by Seijiro; 08-01-2019 at 03:17 AM.
    Portfolio

* Dave has kicked Dobe from #3dbuzz (Dave)
    * Dobe (Dobe@A8F9D847.174C8020.329AD7F2.IP) has joined #3dbuzz
    <Dobe> Hi Dave
    <Dave> Hi
    <Dave> hows it going?

Actually I saw that Zak posted with a different username not too many months ago. I seriously doubt he's moderating under his older username(s). Everything is just reflecting the last state it was left in.

Unfortunately it seems nobody is moderating.. i've been reporting a bunch of spam posts and from what i see nothing has been done with them

Sorry to see this place fall apart like this though
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!
    " If nobodys talking to me, im talking to me" - Swoop

Reflection Design || Swoops Blog

2D Tutorials Compilation

The Speed Painting Thread || ((post your Concept Art thread))

Actually seems somebody might be moderating after all as the posts i'm reporting seem to be gone, but still i'm sure the whole account should be banned. All posts have been commercial spam and still two currently.
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!

2D Tutorials Compilation

Hey, I got an e-mail update that Zak Parrish posted and I see nothing! ZAK!.
    Last edited by Shivanangel; 08-13-2019 at 07:31 AM.
    If you don't understand something, don't give in and throw the book aside. Stopping only gives one answer: that you will never understand it. Look it up on the internet, buy books, ask a friend. Somewhere, someone has had to learn the same material. If they could do it, why not you?

But regardless i find it sad that this whole site seems to have fallen into disrepair.

I was reading comments on the article regarding Jasons passing and it's littered with spam but text, links and even images. It's sad considering the content and if nothing else it should be a testament of all the great he did for others.

Now i have no solution for a community not being active .. granted forums are likely a bit old-school in todays world so i think it's just the way of the world. But if we can do nothing else lets try to keep the memory clear of unwanted commercial/spam posts ?
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!

2D Tutorials Compilation

Someone will have to lock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I was reading comments on the article regarding Jasons passing and it's littered with spam but text, links and even images. It's sad considering the content and if nothing else it should be a testament of all the great he did for others.
    I never noticed that; I never paid attention to the blog posts. Wow; I never have seen so much spam get past disqus's filters. Clever spam, too. They make a statement acknowledging what the page is ACTUALLY about before littering all that spam. Never seen that before.

You know, even if these forums are a ghost town, I must admit that it is still nice to see these names I remember come by from time to time. I also wish I could see this place come back to life again, but I just don't know what anyone can do about it. This was one of the few places on the internet where people were intelligent and respectful. Hard to find places where people act professional anymore.

So, side story. I've been cleaning through an old computer, and I found I document I had written with instructions for people if I died. Foremost was that I wanted my death announced on forums that I visited frequently. 3D Buzz was the first on the list. And sadly, this forum remains the most alive of any forum on that list. The rest don't even exist anymore; just dead links.

Thank you all for coming by and poking your head in, even if things aren't really like they used to be.
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

It's nice to stop by and see who still comes around. Until this year I was still coming by about once a week.
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast