Teach me backup ..

i installed a fresh copy of Win2000 on my system.... now, i just wanted to make a full backup of the whole system. Anyone know a good way to do it ?

I was wondering if the system is down completely, then how the could you restore the backup ?

thanks

The first product that comes into mind for that is Norton's Ghot. Basically it makes an image of your HD in one or several CDs, and then you use a bootable CD or floppy if your computer goes bust and returns it to normal....
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

Wow, this sure save alot of time, thankyou loco man, i'm checking norton ghost right now !!

Thanks man

Norton Ghost might be a great product but with win2k you'll need to run the image on identical system (if copying your windows and software was what you were after) or get on the microsoft website and find out about sysprep and answer file (unattended setup) to use your windows without any security and additional drivers "native" to your original hardware setup.
    But I don't like Norton. It must be his face on EVERY package that annoys me. Or perhaps the fact that Norton gets in your system so freakin' deep, you'll need a particle accelerator to clean up your registry.
    Now, I used (and quite a few times) Partition Magic. Yes, PM will ghost your drive and just as good as Ghost.
    Whatever you do, good luck...