Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by n4x0
    They are free!?
    The first VTM can now be downloaded for free.
    Forget the username, call me Keith

Wow!! What a great idea
    n4x0 -- C++ Programmer
    Tank Game - Progress: 11%

wow the videos are great, thumbs up from me! keep up the good work!

these videos r really very great. I learned alot from them.
    Great job guys!

My Game C++ VTM

if anyone want to see my game email at akeealm@hotmail.com and ill send it to via hotmail.com im having problem with uploading my game

C++ VTMs

The C++ vtms are really good. I have completed the first section so far and I really understand what they're talking about. I have gotten several programming books and I found programming really hard to understand. When I watched the first vtms, I finally started getting it. Even thought I'm just starting to learn the basic concepts now, I think the vtms will really help me understand programming. I have purchased the vtm bundle with OpenGL and I can't wait for it to get here. If those vtms are half as informative as the first section, I know I will be able to learn C++. Once I go through the vtms I hope to make my own 3D game. With OpenGL included I think I should be able to make some type of game.

for heaven's sake don't flame me on this. i will say what i think of them honestly.

there is a lot of effort that went into the creation of these VTMs. and no doubt they're good. so mad props to the crew for bringing this gem of a training available.

but there are times when joel runs around in excitement and goes off to a tangent completely. these are the times when they should realise that everyone is at different levels watching these VTMs. some explanations are left out, and those are at the exact moments when something complex is discussed. and it really gets frustrating, like i can't skip that part and go ahead cuz its still in my head.

these are constructive crits so pls read them with an open mind.

anyways, thanks to the C++ forums, i have gotten great support for my queries.

just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by TheBoneCollector; 04-05-2006 at 01:43 AM.
    FX Techincal Director

TBC, I'm not going to flame you as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Programming is a hard thing to sit down and teach. There are a lot of times that a full explanation of something, requires a full explanation of something else, which requires... oh you get the idea.

It is true that Joel gets off onto tangents, and sometimes can be hard to follow. Just sit tight and go through that part again on the videos. If you have any problems just give a shout over here on the forums and I'm sure there are several people that are more than willing to help (myself included) I will have to go through some of the videos again however, because I can't remember EVERYTHING that Joel said, every project they covered and everything you may refer to

cheers
    eRflol
    _2b || !_2b = a tautology

you are right, the forums are a breather heaven knows where i'll end up with my C++ queries if there were no helpful members like you.

thanks once again!
    FX Techincal Director

About the Joel case... I think Buzz well know this fact, because I hear him many times take Joel back and try to give a simplier explnation, thats where I roll back and hear what Joel says and understand the point fully...

Joel comes with good information but sometimes you just gotta listen the, 1 + 1 = 2 Because when you set 1 and one together you get 2 "1"...

And then Joel jumps in and give the rest of the pack... which is great!
    Mossa "Nova" Merhi

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast