Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Very cool VTMS. Is it planned to make more of that in the future ?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by foodman
    Very cool VTMS. Is it planned to make more of that in the future ?
    one c++ vtm i sin the developing stage it is a crowd simulation program and it will also teach you AI and to make a scripting language
    Last edited by percent20; 04-20-2006 at 11:56 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
    ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS

I am three VTMs in and I am completely lost.
    I've watched them several times and Joel types way too fast (even with dual monitors I have to stop and pause the video and I'm not exactly a slow typist myself) and with the differences in convention in the newer compilers it's making the vids very hard to follow.
    My plan is to just monkey see/monkey do through the set and hope I can learn something.
    My biggest question is in the hello world lesson. But I'll post that in a new thread.
    Regards,
    King Mango

(intermittent!)

Semper Fi

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by King Mango
    I am three VTMs in and I am completely lost.
    I've watched them several times and Joel types way too fast (even with dual monitors I have to stop and pause the video and I'm not exactly a slow typist myself) and with the differences in convention in the newer compilers it's making the vids very hard to follow.
    My plan is to just monkey see/monkey do through the set and hope I can learn something.
    My biggest question is in the hello world lesson. But I'll post that in a new thread.
    yeah he does type fast but that is what rewind is for
    ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS

yeah but the time slider is ALL the way over on the other screen. I'm gonna get carpal tunnel...
    Regards,
    King Mango

(intermittent!)

Semper Fi

or use the pause button, I always listen to what there saying then when there done typeing pause it and type it all out.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." ~ Siddhārtha Gautama

Maybe a player that has global hotkeys to play/pause and skip foward/backward would help.
    Forget the username, call me Keith

What I do is watch the VTM all the way through without following along so that I get a good understanding of the concept they are trying to teach me. After that I go back and follow along. I think it makes it much easier to follow along after I already understand the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by keithathaide
    Maybe a player that has global hotkeys to play/pause and skip foward/backward would help.
    Maybe that'll be among my first projects. Write a keyboard driver that can control WMP. The keyboard that came with my computer had media player controls that I never used. I'm not sure if that was for WMP or a custom player that came with the system.

Actually my first project is aiming to be a media player interface, but for quicktime, because qt sucks so bad w/o a playlist. I've found Ace Media player to be a good substitute but I figure why not give it a go? This is really the main reason I'm trying to learn this believe it or not. I don't suspect I'll ever write anything original I just want to tweak and improve things I'm dissatisfied with mostly.

Grinch that's a good idea I'll try that.
    Regards,
    King Mango

(intermittent!)

Semper Fi

Thumbs up The videos are awesome!

I had purchased many books and video training materials ...they are boring and quite difficult to understand. VTMs are so interesting and make those complicated concept more easier to understand. Thanks for the videos 3DBUZZ.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast